• My Nearest City

How can a representative help me with my Social Security claim?

You may appoint a qualified person to represent you when doing business with Social Security. Use Form SSA-1696-U4, Appointment of Representative to tell the Social Security Administration in writing about the person you appoint. Sign and date the document and send it to your local Social Security office.

 A representative generally cannot charge or collect a fee for these services without written approval from the Social Security Administration.